From its inception in 1994, Chrissie Rucker’s vision was to build a company that specialised in stylish, white, designer-quality items for the home that were not only exceptional quality, but also outstanding value for money. In addition to this devotion to simplicity, it was imperative the customer was put at the heart of everything and provided with a second-to-none shopping experience – and so The White Company was born.
Today, the company that began as a 12-page mail-order brochure has become one of the UK’s fast-growing multi-channel retailers and a leading lifestyle brand with 60 stores across the UK and impressive global growth. The White Company also has a flagship store in the US – 155 Fifth Avenue NY plus concessions in selected Nordstrom stores, and a highly successful eCommerce business generating over £100 million in annual sales.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Assistant – Stock will be part of a team of four and will be responsible for managing the Stock invoice process from start to finish as well as covering non-stock as required. This is a busy role which will require someone who is organised, has experience in a Stock AP role and who is able to build good relationships with suppliers and colleagues across the business. Experience of working in a similar busy and complex retail environment is preferable.
- Log all incoming invoices on the system (Microsoft Dynamics) and distribute to relevant approvers across the business as required
- Match receipted PO’S against invoices and post the invoices to ledger
- Deal with supplier queries and liaise with different departments to resolve any issues in a timely manner flagging any issues to the AP Supervisor
- Perform regular reconciliations of supplier statements
- Ensure all invoices are paid on time and that discounts are taken, flagging any that will be late to the AP Supervisor before they become due
- Monitor the Debit Note tracker and make sure all Debit Notes are raised and deducted from supplier payments, investigating any that have not been approved
- Run credit checks on new suppliers and set them up on Microsoft Dynamics once they have been approved
- Check commission invoices against stock that we have received and post for payment once they are approved
- Prepare weekly payment reports for European and Foreign Suppliers in multi currencies
- Post payments onto the supplier account and match against the relevant invoices, then send the remittancesvia email to the suppliers
- Monitor the GRNI (Goods received not invoiced) & GSBNC (Goods shipped but not credited) balances and make sure they are cleared down for each month end
- Prepare monthly Intrastat reports for European Stock Suppliers and submit to HMRC
- Manage the stock borrowing process and provide training and support to the rest of the business
- Log and check all incoming freight invoices before distributing them to the correct teams for approval, posting them to the ledger once they have come back from approval
- Provide support as required with any ad-hoc projects
- Administrative duties including opening post, printing invoices, monitoring the stock accounts payable email inbox and filing of processed invoices
- 1 to 2 years’ experience of Accounts Payable in a multi-channel complex retailer of c150m-£250m
- Experience of Stock and International Suppliers essential
- Experience processing multi-currency invoices and expenses across different entities
- Strong attention to detail and accurate input is essential
- Experience of processing high levels of invoices per year C30,000 plus is essential
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal as this role is external and internal facing
- Systems experience of Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) preferred along with Sap, Oracle, would be ideal
At The White Company, we value our employees for always going the extra mile; we reward this with great benefits and competitive salaries.
- Discount -Up to 50% discount (dependant on contract type)
- Holiday – 25 days rising to 28 with length of service
- Holiday Buy – opportunity to buy up to 5 days holiday
- Pension Scheme – enrolled on our Group Personal Pension schemes upon joining the business.
- Private Medical – with additional Babylon Digital Healthcare
- Bonus – In addition to our competitive salaries, all our permanent employees are entitled to join a discretionary bonus scheme.
- Life Assurance -Following completion of three months service all employees of The White Company are covered by our life assurance plan.
Additional Benefits ( some of our usual benefits below, have been adapted to support restrictions due to Covid-19)
- Fruit basket daily
- Tea and coffee provided
- Flexi working approach – working hrs 9-5.30 finish at 5pm on a Friday and 4pm on Payday Friday. Core hours 10-4pm working a 37hr contract.
- Social – Christmas party/social events throughout the year
- Seasonal Sample Sales
- Volunteer Day – with a charity of your choice
- Great Location – Close to transport links – overground Shepherds Bush station /underground White City & Wood Lane stations. Westfield shopping centre with shops restaurants/bars/cinema and gyms