The World Economic Forum’s latest future of jobs report identifies trends across 20 economies in 12 industry sectors, suggests what happens between 2018 and 2022. Machines and algorithms may displace Seventy-five million current job roles. But 133 million new jobs will likely emerge during the same period.
According to Vesselina Ratcheva and Alexander Leopold, 71% of total task hours across each industry profiled in the report performed by humans, compared to 29% achieved by machines and algorithms. But three years from now in 2022, 42% will be performed by machines and algorithms while 58% of task hours will be delivered by humans. And more than half of the organization’s data processing and information search tasks—decision-making and administrative tasks—will be performed by machines.
10 declining roles for 2022
1. Data Entry Clerk
2. Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Payroll Clerks
3. Administrative and Executive Secretaries
4. Assembly and Factory Workers
5. Client Information and Customer Service Workers
6. Business Services and Administration Managers
7. Accountants and Auditors
8. Material-Recording and Stock-Keeping Clerks
9. General and Operations Managers
10. Postal Service Clerks
The roles based on technological innovation, like software and applications developers, and positions that require human soft skills like sales professionals, are expected to grow in the coming years.
1. Data Analysts and Scientists
2. AI and Machine Learning Specialists
3. General and Operations Managers
4. Software and Applications Developers and Analysts
5. Sales and Marketing Professionals
6. Big Data Specialists
7. Digital Transformation Specialists
8. New Technology Specialists
9. Organizational Development Specialists
10. Information Technology Services
At Future Connect Recruitment, our aim is to help people get jobs and train individuals to land their dream jobs. We plan to put job seekers first, giving them free access for jobs and post CVs. Every day we connect and train thousands of people to new opportunities. If you lack training or necessary skills in the field of accountancy check out our training programs here.