WHAT IS STAFF RETENTION?
Most importantly, the organization’s staff should leave their personal interests and focus on the overall organizational goals. Staff retention relates to the different policies and procedures that allow the team to remain with an organization for an extensive period.
Staff retention is the crucial yet essential part in working of the organization. This term refers to the effort made by the employers and management to maintain the employees. The retention of employees is generally depicted as a proportion. For instance, and an annual retention rate of 90% shows that an organization retained 90% of its employees and lost 10%. The turnover of employees and the dispossession of employees cost your company cash. Retention of employees is how you fight turnover.
The organization’s ability to keep the staff is known as staff retention. Each organization invests time and money in developing a fresh comer. Making an employee ready to carry out the company’s tasks and also in bringing him in-line with current staff. When the staff leave their work once they are fully trained, the organization is totally at a loss. Various measures are taken into account for how to increase staff retention? Many strategies are made up for employee to make them stay put in an organization.
WHY IS STAFF RETENTION IMPORTANT?
Top talent is in high demand in different growing competitive companies. If an organization fails to please the top employees, the company might experience a great fall.
- Staff retention is an important element in the organization’s success
- The longer the staff remain in the workplace, the more they gain skills
- Staff retention helps in reducing the turnover hassle
- It helps in improving the employees’ morale
- It saves time to train new replacers and acquisitions
- It helps in producing dedicated experts for the company
- It aids in increasing the overall growth of the company
- The satisfied employees ensure dedication towards the work and company
- Provide with better customer dealing skill
- Increased customer contacts and relationships with old employees
- It indirectly helps in reducing cost and making higher profits
WHAT FACTORS CONTRIBUTE IN ATTRITION?
- Low salary
- Lack of growth opportunity
- Low appreciations and acknowledgements
- Frustration of workload
- Surrounded by bossy and unprofessional attitudes
- Constant frictions with other staff members
- Fewer chances of learning
- No training and workshops
- No relaxations
- No other benefits
- No chances of promotion and salary increase
- Constant disputes
HOW TO INCREASE STAFF RETENTION?
- The first step is to hire employees against the vacancy selectively
- Pay them right and more than their last salary
- Offer them flexibility in work
- Provide them with a comfortable and supportive work environment
- Providing them with supportive supervisions
- Offering the employee with greater learning opportunities
- Honor employees with appreciative remarks
- Give them a clear career road map
- Acknowledging employee’s hard work
- Salary package must be discussed over the interview
- The company’s rules and regulations made should be flexible in some cases like being late once or twice a month is not a big deal, or take an off at birthdays.
- Monetary benefits on some grounds should be given to the employees
- Responsibilities should match the individual’s post-experience and interests
- Once in a while picnics, get-togethers, dinners or lunches are beneficial to make employees stick together
- Promotions and salary hike over some grounds should be ensured
- Provide some period to the employee to get adjusted in the offered working environment
- It is very important to retain the top employees of the organization and provide them with more benefits as the company cannot run properly if they quit
WHY CHOOSE FUTURE CONNECT?
If you are an employee of any firm or running your small business and you are not sure about staff retention or matters related to finance, then Future Connect is here to figure out the ambiguities you carry.
Future Connect is one of the top lead accountancy training and recruitment organization in the UK. That helps the individual to train first in the field of accountancy, help them to grow in their area, providing them with expert opinion.
We are already training and recruiting individuals daily. Our highly qualified experts are at your assistance seven days a week.
We provide our trainees FREE consultation session, career development road map, FREE CV building service and assistance in job search and interview preparations.
For more information visit our recruitment site at
Or visit our official training website fctraining.org
Your Bright Future Awaits!