Accounting|Accounting Training|Accounting Courses
What is Bookkeeping & why Bookkeeping training is important?
Bookkeeping focuses on the recording and processing daily financial transactions such as purchases, expenses, sales and receipts. This is a daily record-keeping activity that is the basis of all the financial reports. Bookkeeping is very important to keep an up to date, an accurate and true record of all the transactions. The Bookkeeping training is important for you to understand all the processes not only theoretically but also practically and we will make sure you get all the knowledge and support required to excel.
Why software knowledge is important?
Companies use different accounting software like Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and excel spreadsheets to record these transactions. Getting comfortable and accustomed to accounting software is an important step towards gaining a job role as bookkeeper.
How are we different in our approach?
This course provides a good working knowledge of the different bookkeeping methodologies and practices that are essential to effectively record and store financial information on a daily basis. Our Bookkeeping training course is designed to give you a thorough experience of bookkeeping and accounting principles. Our unique approach of blending the important theoretical concepts and practical skills give you an enormous competitive advantage in your job quest.
Workshops included in the training
Following Workshops are included in your training:
1. Manual Bookkeeping training workshop
2. Understanding the VAT Schemes
3. Intermediate Excel Skills
4. Business Authorization and Internal controls
5. CIS computation and submissions
6. Job Awareness and CV Sessions
7. Mock Interview Sessions
Sage Bookkeeping Training
1. Create a New Company
Sage 50 helps you to learn and create a new company data file.
- Makes you learn and identify the needs of the company. Implement the discussion on the template.
- Its Software is being configurated and based on identified company needs
- The Module has been customised and set up according to the following
- Arrangement of access rights to users
- Arrangement of Bank, cash and credit card accounts
- Arrangement of Customer and supplier records
- Arrangement of Departments
2. Changing Global Options
- Makes you learn and how to use default setting that results in determining the data the way it has been displayed in sage 50
- Changing the system date & accounting periods
- Sage 50 makes it easier to work with as it divides the whole fiscal year into a number of accounting periods.
Makes you learn how to identify and choose a correct accounting period and know how to modify the system date in Sage 50.
3. Modifying the Chart of Accounts
- A deeper understanding of subsidiary and general ledger, setting up the chart of accounts
- Arrangement of the Customer, Supplier and Tax codes
- Arrangement of the software for company use by entering opening balances for nominal, customer and supplier accounts
Sage 50 Bookkeeping Training
1. Supplier Module
- Computing supplier invoices, credit notes and post supplier payments
- Analysing supplier account activity
- Computing reconciliation of supplier account activity
- Recrding supplier invoices & carrying out aged creditor analysis
- Designing various Daybook reports for the Supplier activity
- Organizing the purchase budgets and payment runs via Supplier reports
- Modify and revise the supplier account details
- arrangement and processing of recurring transactions
2. Customer Module
- Generating and updating invoices, purchase orders, quotes and credit notes for customers
- Computing customer invoices.
- Extracting the reconciliation of customer account activity
- Recording customer receipts & carrying out the aged debtor analysis
- Designing various Daybook reports for the Customer activity
- Organizing the cash flow and working capital based on generated reports
- Modify and revise the customer account details
- Arrangement and process recurring transactions
- Organizing the credit control, including statements and overdue letters
3. Bank Module
- Analyze various bank accounts
- Performing on numerous petty cash transactions
- Accessing the petty cash reconciliation
- Recording the bank transactions
4. Company Module
- Rectification, identification and correction of errors while computing
- Analysing and keeping the data safe by using various backups
- Understanding various options available to manage the overall bookkeeping
- Keeping an eye on the transactions and generating audit trails
- How to record and process General Trail balance and financial statements
- Deeper knowledge and understanding of various VAT Scheme
- Updating and analysing of Cash, Standard, flat rate schemes in Software
- Understanding the various other policies related to VAT on goods from EU Countries
- Keeping a general record of the various matter related to Acquisition Tax
- Deeper Knowledge and a better understanding of Intrastat Supplementary declarations
- Updated Knowledge of Tax matters on goods purchased from non-EU countries, and how to process and apply for EORI
- Claiming relief on the goods returned outside the EU
- Analysing and choosing the appropriate VAT quarters
- Keen Observation and analysis of all spreadsheets related to the transactions
- Proper analysis of VAT related to mixed transactions, identifying the zero-rated, standard rated items and recording it and performing a reconciliation to calculate the VAT
- Introduction to various important VAT industry-specific issues for Retail, IT, Construction industries.
- Writing off bad debt and perform a VAT reclaim
- Guidelines and knowledge about how to perform VAT adjustments
- For a better understanding of how to the work on VAT regular workshop has been introduced.
Who is this course for?
New entrants into the Accounting sector
Learners studying ACCA, AAT and other accounting qualification
Candidates with overseas experience
No formal academic qualification required.
Start working as Bookkeepers, Accounts Clerks, VAT Managers, Tax Associates etc
At Future Connect Recruitment, our aim is to help people get jobs and train individuals to land their dream jobs. Future Connect Recruitment plans to put job seekers first, giving them free access for jobs and post CVs. Everyday we connect and train thousands of people to new opportunities.