Provides the underpinning knowledge and skills necessary for the purpose of carrying out a range of day-to-day bookkeeping routines and activities using a sub-divided double entry bookkeeping system up to trial balance stage.
The qualification is made up of:
2 – Online Knowledge Tests
2 – Online Assignments
1 – Examination
Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (QCF)Awarded by International Association of Bookkeepers
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of bookkeeping and VAT – T/508/5860
- Understand the basics of bookkeeping and bookkeeping systems
- Understand terms used by bookkeepers
- Recognise source documents and understand their purpose
- Understand the use of a sub-divided bookkeeping system
- Understand the basics of the VAT system
- Understand HMRC VAT rules
- Understand the purpose of the VAT control account and the VAT return
Financial services and payment methods – A/508/5861
- Understand the role of banks and building societies
- Understand how businesses use financial services
- Recognise appropriate methods of payment and understand their features
- Understand the need for security measures and procedures for the safe-keeping of cash
Prepare and check business documents – F/508/5862
- Prepare documents to be issued to customers
- Check documents received from suppliers
- Prepare documents to be issued to suppliers
- Prepare a petty cash voucher
Record transactions in a sub-divided bookkeeping system – J/508/5863
- Use day books
- Use an analysed cash book
- Use a petty cash book
- Use a journal
Prepare a trial balance and reconciliations – L/508/5864
- Prepare a trial balance
- Prepare control accounts and reconcile control account balances
- Reconcile the bank current account balance
Who is this course for?
The Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification is specifically aimed at learners who wish to further their studies of bookkeeping and gain a qualification at Level 2 of the regulated qualification framework, either from a point of no previous knowledge, or having already achieved the IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping.
The qualification will appeal to those learners who already have some practical knowledge and skills and wish to gain an accredited qualification in the subject of bookkeeping.
Learners who are considering a career as a self-employed practitioner will find the course invaluable, as will businesses owners who would like to be actively involved in the keeping of financial records for their business, as it gives in-depth coverage of manual bookkeeping systems used by businesses
No formal entry requirements
Jobs as Bookkeeper and Accounts Assistant
At Future connect Training and Recruitment , our aim is to help people get jobs and train individuals to land their dream jobs. FC training and recruitment plans to put job seekers first, giving them free access for jobs and post CVs. Everyday we connect and train thousands of people to new opportunities.