Suitable for learners wanting an introduction to the process of keeping double entry records, preparing reconciliations and a trial balance
The qualification is made up of:
1 – Online Knowledge Test
2 – Online Assignments
25 GLH (Guided Learning Hours)
50 hours TQT (Total Qualification Time)
Level 1 Award in Book-Keeping (QCF)Awarded by International Association of Bookkeepers
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Introduction to bookkeeping – T/508/5857
- Understand the basics of double entry bookkeeping
- Understand bookkeeping terms
- Recognise source documents and understand their purpose
- Understand the basics of VAT
- Understand the purpose of the trial balance and petty cash and bank reconciliations
Keep double entry records and prepare a trial balance – A/508/5858
- Use the journal
- Record transactions in a double entry bookkeeping system
- Prepare a trial balance
Prepare reconciliations – F/508/5859
- Reconcile the petty cash balance
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement
Who is this course for?
The Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping qualification is specifically aimed at leaners who wish to begin their studies of bookkeeping and gain entry to a Level 1 qualification within the RQF.
The qualification has been designed to appeal to individuals within the following groups:
- Learners starting their studies in the subject of bookkeeping from a point of no previous knowledge or experience.
- Learners employed at a junior level with some limited basic bookkeeping knowledge and skills, who want to formalise their competence by gaining a recognised accredited qualification in bookkeeping.
- Learners returning to study and/or work after a study or career break.
- Learners considering a change in career.
- Learners considering a career as a self-employed practitioner.
- Owners of a small business wanting an introduction to the function of bookkeeping with a view of keeping financial records for their business.
No Formal entry Requirement
Jobs as Bookkeeper
At Future connect Training and Recruitment , our aim is to help people get jobs and train individuals to land their dream jobs. FC training and recruitment plans to put job seekers first, giving them free access for jobs and post CVs. Everyday we connect and train thousands of people to new opportunities.