Job title: Accounts Assistant
Wage: £11,000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday to Friday / 9am – 5.30pm
Time spent in training: You are required to spend a minimum of 7 hours per week in training that supports your apprenticeship course
Course entry requirements: GCSEs at grade C/Grade 4 or above in English and Maths
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body or the Institute of Apprenticeships, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career, providing a concrete foundation for future growth.
Apprenticeship course available: Accounts Assistant Level 3
About the role:
Our client is friendly, mature local accountants who are experts in helping small business owners, the self-employed and individuals and with all of their tax and accountancy needs. They service over 600 clients with 14 staff in 3 offices and have a wealth of experience in the small business market.
- Apprenticeship training delivered at your workplace to achieve a nationally recognised certificate
- Looking to offer permanent employment at the end of the apprenticeship
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Personal Tax Manager but as part of a wider payroll and accounts team, the successful candidate will experience bookkeeping and payroll training all aspects of office procedures.
- You will be involved in the collating and filing of Personal Tax, Sole Trader and Partnership accounts and administering clients’ practical accounts training, payrolls.
- You may also be involved, if required, with some aspects of company accounts: including bookkeeping, VAT, Corporation Tax and Companies House Annual Returns.
- A great personality with the ability to deal with team members and both current and potential clients over the phone and on a face to face basis is essential. Must have accounting assistant skills. There will also be some general admin and filing duties. Competence in Excel and Word are essential. Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A great personality with the ability to deal with team members and both current and potential clients over the phone and on a face to face basis is essential.
- IT Skill in Excel & Word
- Good written and verbal communication
- This will be an ideal role should the candidate want to further his/her career within the accountancy sector.
Apply now to begin your career.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £10,000.00 /year
- GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
- Salary Offer As Per Industry
- Experience Level Assistant/Entry
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree High School Degree
- Working Hours Full time